JOHN S. BATTLE SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT
John S. Battle High School, in partnership with our community, is committed to empowering each student with the knowledge and skills necessary for lifelong learning and to meet the challenges of a diverse and technological society.
- Student learning is the main priority for our school. We are committed to the intellectual, social, and emotional growth that can enable all students to become lifelong learners and contributing citizens.
- Discipline is the foundation of education. This belief is demonstrated through high expectations set for good character that includes responsibility, dependability, integrity, self-control, and socially accepted standards of conduct.
- Teachers, staff, and administrators are integral to students’ learning development and serve as role models who influence academic and character behaviors and attitudes.
- Ongoing staff development and current resources are essential for quality instruction.
- Differentiation of instructional strategies is necessary to meet the needs of all students.
- A variety of assessments are necessary to analyze student achievement and competencies.
- All stakeholders within the school community share in the responsibility for providing a quality school.
JOHN S. BATTLE'S HIGH SCHOOL'S VISION
John S. Battle High School will equip all students to become successful members of society through rigorous education, high expectations, and evaluation. John S. Battle High School is committed to focusing on individual academic success and to creating a community of respect and responsibility.